Wednesday, January 20, 2010

A New Year...A New Me

Things I believe in:
  • Both good and bad things happen to good people

  • You have to work hard to get/have/do what you truly want or else its not worth it

  • You have to work hard to be happy and its no easy task

  • You can set the tone for the year by where you are and who you are with as the clock strikes 12 on NYE

These are just ideas that have popped in and out of my head the last couple of days while I think about life, my life in particular. And the last one just happens to be a new belief of mine because of my Nye. This past Nye as the clock struck 12 and the date turned into January 1, 2010 (yes people 2010, isn't it crazy?), I was standing on the Las Vegas Strip with my one and only admiring the fireworks shooting in all different directions. I like Vegas and at the same time I think its pretty cheesy. But boy can you go wild there, but that's beside the point.

Faustino and I across from Caesar's Palace in Vegas after the countdown.

2009 was a hard year for many. For me it was emotionally tiring, so I was glad to ring in the new year and the new possibilities. And being on the Strip was exciting...the biggest firework show in recent years coupled with 300,000 people cheering and the one I love by my side. This may not be how most like to bring in their new year but it was perfect for me.

That being said, I feel the sparks of the fireworks lit up my insides. You could even say they lit a fire under my ass. And as the first few weeks of the new year have passed I feel more motivated than I have in a really long time. I am ready to dive into volunteering, running, reading, exploring and most importantly...living. This year I really just want to live. Forget this year, forget the past...I want to live in the present! I am making this change in my life. Simply put, I am going to get my life organized and I am going to be happy!

Now, you may be wondering "how did spending Nye in Vegas set the tone for your year?" Well... that would have to do with my traveling/wandering soul. I started the year off traveling and I'm going to spend the year doing just that. I want to spend the year exploring and I already have 4 trips in mind. I am even hoping to return to Salamanca in October, if only for just one week. My fingers are crossed and my money is being saved.

So here is to the new year and a new me...a more organized, happy, living life to the fullest me.

The view from the plane on our way to Vegas.

No comments:

Post a Comment