Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Another year gone and another has begun...Enjoy!

Another year gone and another has begun.  In the blogs I follow the common theme is planning for the year including resolutions and/or goals.  Since we rang in 2012 (which was only 9 days ago) I've tried to think about what my resolution/goal would be.  Last year I knew what my resolution would be before the clock struck midnight.  This year it was harder - so many changes happening in the next 12 months that I didn't know if anything could ring true for the entire year.  But I thought and I thought, and surprisingly around day 3 of the new year I had my plan/resolution/word...and I have to thank Faustino for inspiring it.

On the 1st we were eating dinner and Faustino told me his resolution was "to not waste a single day" - it's easy for him to do when he sometimes works 12-13 hours in a day and then sleeps for 8 hours.  A day or two after our conversation, I realized "wow, thats a great resolution" and decided I could use that as a base for mine...

Enjoy.  Thats it.  My resolution is to enjoy 2012.  Sometimes I get so preoccupied by work, I get so wrapped up in life that I don't enjoy my life.  Essentially I don't stop to smell the roses and its a shame since I come from a family of green thumbs. ;)

This year will bring a lot of change, it will bring a lot of fun, but it has the potential for bringing a lot of stress and anxiety (which can cause me to have anxiety attacks which isn't healthy for 26).  I vow to enjoy this year.  I will enjoy my months in Spain and not stress about "what if" my plans at home are on schedule, I will enjoy our family vacation with 20 or so people, I will enjoy the planning that will be happening in 4 months between my return from Spain and my wedding in October, I will absolutely enjoy my wedding (no brainer) and everything that comes after.

So here is to your resolution and to mine.  Happy 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment