Friday, April 15, 2011

Another project complete!

Yay!!!  It has been about 3 weeks since my last blog and since I started the tablecloth.  Now it wasn't a hard project, but as you know life can get in the way, so a project that should only take me a couple days at most, took a little longer than expected.

French fabric with beautiful colors
Like I previously mentioned, I found the beautiful fabric at my grandma's house.  I think she must have purchased it on one of her four trips to France.  The fabric has a variety of vibrant yellows, blues and greens.  Since its a lightweight fabric you can pretty much see through it.  To add a little thickness and to make it look "finished" I added another layer of fabric to the back.  The bottom fabric is again something that I found at my grandma's place (I have vowed not to buy any fabric for a while - I've decided that I would use as much as I can from my grandma's stash and that should last me a while).  Its a light blue fabric that matches one of the colors on the French cloth.

I also found a ton of great binding at my grandma's place, but unfortunately the one's I brought home with me wouldn't work.  They just weren't the right color and I also wouldn't have had enough to finish the project.  So last week I bought a pack of yet another blue binding from Beverly's Fabrics and Crafts in Alameda.  I brought it home and what do I realize as I'm starting to pin it to my tablecloth??  Its not long enough!!!  Ah, I guess I should have measured the tablecloth before I left - but I wasn't thinking.

Finally, on Sunday I made my way back to Alameda and bought another package of binding.  And while Faustino was out with his brother, I put the finishing touches on my first - yes that's right first - tablecloth. 

And three weeks after I started (okay maybe four now), I finished another project.  Now, I might not be going as fast as I would like to go, but I'm chugging along and I'm happy with the results.  And now I'm getting prepared to start my next sewing project.  This will be a little more difficult so it might take me a little while longer to blog about it.  In the meantime, I still work on taking photos and maybe even making a journal.

First time binding!  And it doesn't look too bad. :)
As always, stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment