Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Year of the Rabbit...

...the bunny rabbit that is.

Bunny #1 right after I completed her
As I mentioned earlier in the month, I had goals for February.  Unfortunately moving to Jack London (by the way...its only been two weeks since we moved and I absolutely love it here, but that's another blog post) got in the way of many of those goals.  But goals are merely intentions, they aren't meant to tie you down.  They are there to guide.  Thus, I'm not sad I didn't finish everything I planned.  Because though we plan, life tends to get in the way.  ;)  March will hopefully bring the completion of the February goals...

But enough about that, on to the bunny rabbit.  Last Tuesday the stuffing for my bunny rabbits was delivered to my office.  Since one rabbit still needs to be sewed together, only one rabbit was ready to be stuffed and so as soon as I got home, I sat on the futon and ripped open the stuffing.  I was so excited it finally arrived!  For the next 1.5 hours I stuffed and I stuffed and then I mended and sewed.  And finally around 9:00PM I finished making my first stuffed animal ever!  Though its not perfect, well actually at first I thought it was pretty ugly, its another completed project and something my niece will hopefully enjoy.  Right now it has some thread tied around its neck and I'm still trying to decide whether or not to actually put ribbon instead.  For now, I'll enjoy it just the way it is.

Bunny #1 with her scarf visiting the Tour Eiffel in the background. ;)
And tomorrow...I'll work on finishing the second bunny.  My nephew's bunny has been cut and its just patiently awaiting my return...   Now that I have a clue ;) and more of an idea of what I'm supposed to do, I plan to insert the eyes, sew it together and get it to the stuffing point.  If all goes well (and I buy more stuffing) the second rabbit will be completed by Friday.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed but at the same time won't fret over it.

No comments:

Post a Comment