Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Cupcakes are everywhere...

I love community education and Chabot College offers a variety of great classes.  On Saturday, Faustino and I had the opportunity to take Cupcake Decorating I.  When I say, opportunity, I mean I wanted to take the class and I convinced Faustino into taking the class with me.

In order to prepare for Saturday's class as we had to take 12 cupcakes each, thus I made 24 lemon cupcakes on Friday night.  I finally took the last 6 out of the oven around 11:15 and went to bed.  Saturday came, after my short run and a shower, we were on our way to Hayward.  We arrived just on time, signed in and gave our $20 each for materials.

During the class, which was only 2 hours long, we learned how to do simple decorations on cupcakes.  And if I do say so myself, I thought mine turned out pretty good.

2 hours, $59/per person, 12 plain lemon cupcakes, materials bag, frosting and accessories and the following is what you get:

The first set of 3 cupcakes decorated were summer themed: a watermelon, a summer sun and a sunflower.

Watermelon, Sun & Sunflower
The next set of 3 were Spring cupcakes and consisted of an Easter Bunny, an Easter basket and a flower. 

Easter Bunny, Easter basket & Flower
The third set of 3 were the "Novelty" cupcakes: Graduation, Pinwheel & a Puppy.

Graduation Cap
Pinwheel & Puppy
And for the final set of 3 we used fondant to make flowery decorated cupcakes. 
 
Pink fondant used to decorate
I have to say the 2 hours was well spent.  The cupcakes were yummy and pretty.  I learned a few decorating tricks.  Hey who knows maybe I'll start my own decorating business (probably not, they didn't come out that great, ha!).  I will be decorating again though...and as always stay tuned for more.

3 comments:

  1. That sounds like fun. I love the flowers and it's cool you got to play with fondant, I've never tried that. You did a great job. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your cupcakes look great. My immediate thought was I want to do that. It looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the sunflower. I wish I knew how to decorate like that. So fun.
    Thanks for stopping by and entering the giveaway!

    Ellie
    http://hometitched.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete